|EMS:||60 (66%)||57 (74%)||+5%|
|Fire:||28 (31%)||14 (18%)||+100%|
|Other:||3 (3%)||6 (8%)||-50%|
Come visit Pierce 23 Fire and Rescue at Station 87, 29815 State Route 706 East, Ashford, WA on Saturday, August 21, 2021 for our annual fire department open house and community blood drive! We are planning to have a wide variety of events and offers for community members from approxmiately 10 AM to 3 PM. We were unable to host this event in 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic so we are very excited to open our doors and host this year’s open house! At this time we are offering the following events (we're working on others too!):
- Community Blood Drive with help from Cascade Regional Blood Services. (More info below)
- Airlift Northwest Helicopter Demonstration - Airlift Northwest will be visiting from their Olympia, WA base at approximately 10 AM - 12 PM (operations and weather dependent). This helicopter will land right behind the fire station and is your opportunity to see one of our two air medical resources up close and in person!
- Life Flight Network Helicopter Demonstration - Life Flight Network will be visiting from their Kelso, WA base at approximately 12:30 PM - 2 PM (operations and weather dependent). This helicopter will land right behind the fire station and is your opportunity to see one of our two air medical resources up close and in person!
- Free Blood Pressure Checks by District 23 EMTs
- Children's Fire House Hose Prop
- See all of our appratus up close and in person
- Sign up for burn permits
- Demonstration of medical equipment, including our Zoll monitor/defibrillators, power cots and Lucas (automatic CPR) device
- Mount Rainier National Park
- United States Geological Survey/Cascade Volcano Observatory
- Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
- Columbia Crest STEM School
- Pierce County Library
- Washington DNR Fire/Smokey Bear
- Pierce County Explorer SAR & 4x4
- South Sound 911
- Pierce County Aging & Disabilities Department
- And Many More - As we confirm more groups, we will update this site with other activities!
We will have a raffle for a family-size emergency kit that has been donated by Lt. Andy Sabo. Free tickets will be handed out to attendees and an extra ticket will be given for those who sign up to donate blood!
Why should you donate blood? Blood donors save lives. The majority of the population will need blood products in their lifetime and blood donors are important to sustaining our blood supply. You can donate blood if you are in good health, weigh at least 110 lbs and are at least 16 years old (if you are 16-17 years old, you must have parent/guardian permission to donate). It doesn't hurt to donate blood - it's more of a slight pinch to the arm. The whole donation process should take less than 10 minutes. You will donate about 500 ml of blood (approximately 1 pint); the average person has 10-11 pints of blood in their body. Blood can be donated once every 56 days.
If you are interested in donating blood and would like to register for an appointment, please click here and make your appointment! We are looking for approximately 20 committed donors to fill our goal!